Why do I still feel pain in my ankle when the injury happened 10 years ago?

Back in 2010, I sprained my right ankle after getting into a little car accident. I went to the doctors, got a splint and crutches, also went to therapy to get help my ankle heal faster. I did the exercises given to me, every day. my ankle fully healed after a few months and the pain stopped. (I also took meds for the pain). Now it is 2020, and my ankle would still hurt like it is still sprained. The pain causes me to limp. I tried massaging my ankle and doing some bending exercises, but nothing helps. What should I do to get my ankle to stop hurting? (I tried OTC meds but, that doesn't really help.)

Put a strong water/dmso solution on the hurting spot. The skin need to be clean before applying. 

You also can take a teaspoon of MSM in water (organic sulfur) every day the pain comes back (ebay sport supplements)

• Diana

See an orthopedic doctor.  Also, get an ankle brace, or orthopedic booties.   In addition, learn to use a cane.  

It could be arthritis. I have broken my ankle several times in my lifetime.  Doctors have told me that as a reselt, i have developed a touch of arthritis.

• Tavy

A break not only affects the bone but the ligaments around the ankle. They become weak. Talk to a physio.

Could be anything... abnormal joint wear, a scarred or thickened tendon, osteoarthritis, etc. Only a doctor can tell you.

See a doctor, and get an MRI.