Can you use bleach?

Hey, I wanted to know if you can clean the exterior of a white car with bleach? I looked online. But, no solid answers. 

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Let us know how that works out for ya...

• 2 months ago

If your car color has faded, bleaching will not help.  Bleach works on organic material, not metal or paint.  Your car's dull color may be due to oxidation where a good car polish would help.  Bleach will not help your car get cleaner.  Use

a detergent

and follow up with car polish.    

• 2 months ago

It wouldn't be any more useful than on any other color vehicle.

IN fact, if whatever you are using to clean even gets to the colored part of the paint, there is already SERIOUS damage to the paint job.

While I am not positive, I suspect bleach would do more damage than good.

Y: Bleach IS NOT remotely similar to salt, by ANY criteria.

• garry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

bleach ,mix it in water at 10% then use it in the garden , it kills snails and good for the soil every month . can use it to disinfect bench tops to dilute down to 5% also good on windows .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Embery
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Sure why not, it's white.

• 2 months ago

no not at all thats bad

• 2 months ago

It's completely unnecessary and will be hard on YOUR skin. No, it won't hurt the car--but it's stupid. You will get your car just as clean using a half cup of dish soap instead and you won't peel the skin off your hands doing it. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Bleach is a corrosive.   You do not put corrosives on paint. 

• 2 months ago

NO, NO, NO! Bleach is caustic and BAD for a vehicle and WTF would you want to anyway?

• 2 months ago

Bleach will not work on a car's exterior. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.