Is it weird for a 21 year old to play a gaming console? ?

I started actually playing video games when I was 5 or 6. And I beat every level in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. I've also played GTA III from all the way to San Andreas, and now  I play GTA 5 and I've been playing that game. Around 17 or 18, I've strarted to play Call Of Duty WW2 and BO3. Which is weird because I've never got into those games before. But now, I'm 22, and I play Warzone for PS4 and RDR2, and The Last of Us. Is it too late for me to play video games?  

Dude your fine.It's never to late to play video games because there are grandparents playing right now.Never feel like its to late to play a god damn game.

yes get a wife and child and car and dog and house and cane and insurance and health and the divorce and then, and only then can you play games when you are lonely and weird divorced dad

Source(s): Ya mum

bro there's an old lady playing animal crossing every day. You're fine lol 

• Kyle

i am 33 and still play on xbox one.  i don't see myself stopping just due to getting older.  and i don't work in the industry either  

I'm 52 and I still play games.

You can play what you want!

• garry

its  your way of   relaxing , even 40 years old still play with console .

As a 31 year old, I'd say no.

I turned 49 this year and I've been playing video games since the 1970s. I've played all kinds of stuff like God of War, Witcher 3, Fallout, Fall Guys, Fortnite, RDR, etc. I played the very first Castle Wolfenstein and Doom games decades ago, and the recent versions of those games, too. You're never too old. 

You are aware that the median age for gamers in general (or at least in the US) is around 35?

Are you aware that gaming is socially acceptable & you're considered odd for NOT gaming in some capacity (even if it's just silly casual mobile game)?

Did you know that the oldest living active gamer online (according to Guinness World Records) is currently 90 (at time of writing)?

You're putting way too much social pressure on yourself here!  It's natural that your gaming preferences will evolve & change over time, but as long as you're enjoying what you're playing on whatever platform you prefer...  you're good.  The only time you MAY be considered "too old" to play video games is when your eyesight get to "legally blind", your motor functions can't handle the game demands OR your mental capacities have difficulty keeping up with the game logic.  HOWEVER, if you get to that point, there's probably some other things you might be "too old" for (like actually living).

I've been playing for over 30 years.  While I have expanded to PC & Arcade games over the years (with a few Arcade 1Up cabinets & a 1st Gen Arcade Legends Ultimate cabinet), I'm still a Nintendo loyalist as I own each generation of console so far & I still play them.  I currently have no plans of stopping any time in the foreseeable future.

The TL;DR is that you shouldn't worry about it!  Just enjoy what you like.

You realize that you are still about 9-10 years younger than the median age of a gamer.

Which means there are as many games older than 30 as there are younger than 30.

If you don't want to play games anymore, that's your choice.  But if the reason is "I think I'm too old", what other forms of entertainment are you too old for?  Books?  TV?  Movies?  Amusement Parks?

I've been playing games for 40 years and have no plans on stopping any time soon.