Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 1 month ago

Who is likely behind these phone calls?

I get phone calls all the time from different numbers with my my state's area code. I pick up because I secretly hope it's my lost loved one from years ago. I'm not naive, I know it's not them but every time I pick up, there's silence but clearly someone on the other line and then they hang up. When I call back it says "sorry, but the number you have reached is no longer in service?" how is that even possible and who is likely behind these phone calls?

• mom

I get them also. I live with my answering machine on all the time. they are spam calls. and very annoying. when I do not know the number, I never answer. sometimes I call them back and all I get is their phone ringing and not one person answers. most of the time it is out of the country calling getting phone numbers from here in the united states.  I sometimes get Medicare calling me and Medicare does not call anyone

Scammers.................

No one can even guess about the origin of calls like those, 

although it is probably the same individual each time. 

Number spoofing is being used.