Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

How do I eliminate carbs from my diet?

• T-half

No pasta, no rice, no starchy veggies, no bread or tortilla on sandwiches. 

Find ways to replace the bread with veggies.

Instead of bread use romaine lettuce leaves. There's cauliflower "rice."  I like shirataki noodles with 4 or 5 regular pasta noodles.  

Shirataki noodles have a odd taste to me, so I like to add other flavors to mask theirs.

If you drink coffee or tea, you can flavor it with Cream and stevia (like Better Stevia brand).

Replace chips and french fries with snacking on nuts and veggies (not carrots). or Pork rinds (mindful of portion sizes)

Keto diet is great for people who like fattening foods.

If you are hungry, but are near your calorie limit for the day, you can drink one Tablespoon of cream (one swallow). It has 50 calories and 5 g of fat. I did this at night about 30 minutes before bed. It stopped the hunger pains. 

If I really craved bread, I would eat 2 T of cream cheese on 1 slice of Wasa (brand) multi grain crispbread. About 7 carbs.

It's not going to be a no carb diet, but a reduced carb diet.  Usually limiting carbs to  20 grams a day. 

Here are some easy ways to reduce your carbohydrate intake:

1. Never drink sugar-sweetened beverages like sugary soda or soft drinks.

2. Avoid refined grains like white bread and pasta. Instead, choose whole grains as your staple food.

3. Have whole fruits and do not drink fruit juice.

4. Opt for low-carb snacks like nuts or fruit/vegetable salad.

5. Avoid sugar and enjoy the natural flavor of foods. If you must have sugar, replace white sugar with sweeteners like stevia, erythritol or xylitol.

6. Have more fruits and vegetables instead of potatoes and bread. Prefer non-starchy vegetables.

7. Replace wheat flour with low-carb flours like almond or coconut flour.

8. Replace milk with coconut or almond milk.

9. Use healthy fats while cooking like extra-virgin olive oil or virgin coconut oil.

10. Start checking food labels while buying your groceries.

11. Count your daily carbs using a nutrition tracker.

By not consuming any foods containing carbohydrates. Just don't put it in your mouth; it's that simple. 

You shouldn’t. You need carbs.

• .

I wouldn't recommend it, but one eliminates anything from their diet by no longer eating that thing. You'd need to know what foods contain carbohydrates and stop eating them. For processed foods, that info is on the nutritional label. For fruits and veggies, a food database such as calorieking.com is helpful to see what nutrients are in specific food items.

.

FYI the body needs carbs, so reduction may be what you need, not elimination. "Despite their bad rap, carbohydrates are vital to your health for a number of reasons." You can read more about carbs, and how to tell the ones that are healthy from the ones that are not so healthy, at the article below. 

Eat lean meat, fish, vegetables, and drink only water.  That should do it.

Stop putting them in your mouth.

• Tavy

Stop buying them

Stop eating them

Simple.

• Petter

You scrape off the rice, potatoe and pasta off your plate before you eat?

Stop eating them, DUH.