Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 2 months ago

What do you think about this painting? What would you rate it?

This is my first time painting with oils. I haven't got much experience with painting other than grabbing the old brush on a lazy weekend. Please be brutally rude. Thank you :D 

I hate the color too. I struggle when mixing, I wanted brighter tones and I ended up with concrete tones lol

What would you rate this painting i found online it is called the green man of mars.

The colors are beautiful. My only advice would be to add a bit more depth. It kinda looks like armor rn. 

Wish I could see it in person.  To me it looks like a rotting pear and the painting work is excellent.  Don't try touching up the fruit but the "shadow" effect could use a little brightening.   Otherwise, I really really like it!  Good job!

Source(s): Visuals
  • Is it a bell pepper or a granny smith? I think, the colors together look pretty cool! You know how to match colors!

I think it is pretty good for a first attempt. But you need to pay more attention to light and shade. I feel your apple should have some highlight and should throw a shadow. 

You have a grasp on shading and making the 2d look 3d with one hue you have created something that is, and that's not easy

hate the color but that's just preference

I think it's very good. I like the shading and it looks really realistic

I couldn't do much better