JoJo asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Is it too late to learn something new at age 25?

Yep...you're way over the hill.  Actually I'm joking.  

I earned my MS in 1973 when I was 37 yo.  Then I earned my PhD twenty years later, when I was 57 yo.  It wasn't all book learning that was new either.  I also learned how to downhill ski when I was 50 yo.  And I joined an Antarctica expedition in 2005 when I was 69 yo.

I trust you get my point.

Depends on what it is and if just trying to learn the basics or enough that it's a job skill.

I had a woman in her seventies in one of my Spanish composition classes -- and her writing was EXCELLENT.

So, no.  You're never too old!

No. Some of us are "late bloomers". I've been trying to get an animation and comics career going since the '90s. I have an animation degree. I'm in my 40's now.

I am 65 and started learning German about 2 years ago.  I can now understand it and speak it pretty well.

• MARK

Seriously? You're going to have one hell of a boring life if you can't learn anything new after the age of 25.

• John P

No, noir even at the age of 60.

Absolutely NO!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i dont think so

• sam

It's never too late to learn new things! 

Happy learning! :)