Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

What’s wrong with attention-seeking?

I can’t find anything wrong with it because everyone does it all the time. And who ever says they don’t do it are lying.

i agree, the people who say they hate attention love it the most. i love attention, everyone does and personally i dont think theres anything wrong with attention seeking, just be a smart attention seeker so your attention seeking doesn't come off as annoying lol

nothing really, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it but some people over due it and it gets annoying but still there's nothing wrong with it

I agree its what humans do as long as its not too much then its ok

It's fine if you don't mind people being bored with you, people having no respect for you and looking shallow and needy.

Seeking attention is a lot different than getting it. To seek it is a common problem with people who feel unworthy of attention, or affection.  Getting attention is what one gets from Good or Bad behavior. The difference will be up to you.  Smile.  Treat others as you wish to be treated. Smile again,   it could be worse!!

Because it detracts from you being able to focus on bettering yourself in whatever way.. Whether it be mentally, financially, physically, etc. Ask yourself what you stand to gain from attention seeking? Is it validation? If you're looking for validation, it means you're not confident in yourself, and there is a deeper problem that all the attention in the world won't fix. Attention-seeking is like putting a band aid on your insecurities. I don't seek any attention, nor do I want it.. I actually prefer the opposite because it allows me more time to focus on myself.

• yay

Because it can be exhausting for the people you're seeking it from, especially if it's not something worthwhile. Kind of like a little kid who keeps interrupting the grown-up party to show off the half-@ssed cartwheel they recently learned to do. So, yes, it's normal to want attention, but toxic if you constantly expect an audience for every insignificant aspect of your life. 

• Matt85

Everyone needs a bit of attention, it's just when it becomes excessive that it's a problem.