does taking an asprin everyday prevent stroke ?

I had a TIA which some people call mini stroke. my bp usually hovers around upper 140s over mid 90s. If I eat oatmeal and blue berries every day will that lower my blood pressure and reduce stroke risk

6 Answers

Relevance
  • bill
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Go to your doctor.He might put you on a blood pressure or cholesterol medication. My medication makes blood vessels more flexible so they expand and let more blood thru.

• 1 month ago

Aspirin thins blood, its good for people at risk of heart attack but for people at risk of stroke or on blood thinners I'd advise against.

Oatmeal/blue berries I don't know but it sounds like a good breakfast.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not recommended in The UK as it thins the blood and can causing bleeding.

You should be on BP Meds.

• 1 month ago

If you had TIA before your doctor will more than likely prescribe aspirin every day.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

this is a serious analysis that should be in discussion with your doctor, not YA/ Aspirin increases bleeding and for a bleed stroke increases that risk (strokes are a clot OR a bleed), risk v benefit needs to be discussed--with your doc.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It did, and then it didn't, then it did again, so I have no idea anymore. Ask your doc if you should take a baby(low dose) aspirin everyday or not. I did, then my doc told me to stop.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.