does taking an asprin everyday prevent stroke ?

I had a TIA which some people call mini stroke. my bp usually hovers around upper 140s over mid 90s. If I eat oatmeal and blue berries every day will that lower my blood pressure and reduce stroke risk

• bill

Go to your doctor.He might put you on a blood pressure or cholesterol medication. My medication makes blood vessels more flexible so they expand and let more blood thru.

Aspirin thins blood, its good for people at risk of heart attack but for people at risk of stroke or on blood thinners I'd advise against.

Oatmeal/blue berries I don't know but it sounds like a good breakfast.

• Tavy

Not recommended in The UK as it thins the blood and can causing bleeding.

You should be on BP Meds.

If you had TIA before your doctor will more than likely prescribe aspirin every day.

this is a serious analysis that should be in discussion with your doctor, not YA/ Aspirin increases bleeding and for a bleed stroke increases that risk (strokes are a clot OR a bleed), risk v benefit needs to be discussed--with your doc.

• y

It did, and then it didn't, then it did again, so I have no idea anymore. Ask your doc if you should take a baby(low dose) aspirin everyday or not. I did, then my doc told me to stop.