Is milk a snack?

A debate between my friends and I started where the topic of discussion was “Is milk a snack?” And what the qualifications of a snack is.

i dont consider milk a snack but maybe chocolate milk could be considered a snack

Not for computers, but it is for humans, if you aren’t lactose intolerant that is

Source(s): Being smarter than a shower head
  • keerok

If you drink milk in between meals, then that's a snack.

• Lv 7

a snack, by definition, is a small portion of food or drink or a light meal, especially one eaten between regular meals.

perhaps your friends never have milk as a snack, but if you drink it alone, not as a part of a meal, then that is considered a snack.

now, keep in mind that you can still have it for like, lunch or dinner, then have a drink of milk between as a snack.

most people don't think of it as a snack, because they have itwith meals. but eating/drinking something between meals or outside of meals, and in small portions, that is what a snack is.

• Marty

I wouldn't consider it a snack.  A snack is something eaten between meals. Milk is a liquid food therefore its something you drink not eat. A person's brain registers liquids different than solid foods, especially when it comes to calories. A milkshake could be considered a snack for obvious reasons. 

• Rayal

Milk is a drink.  A snack can include milk, but generally a "snack" is smaller portion of  solid food of some kind.  A cookie, some carrot sticks or something. 

To me, a snack is not a liquid. My soft drink, a beer, your milk, lemonade, martinis, coffee, energy drinks, rehydration drinks, flavored waters, and tea are all enjoyable beverages, some officially classed as food because they have nutritional value, but none a snack to me.

• Barry

As milk is classed as a food it can be a snack.