Jemari asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

So what is the difference between a Blue glass tongue crib and a regular tongue crib.?

I overheard my orthodontist  saying that I need blue glass aggressive tongue cribs.

2 Answers

  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    A "blue grass" tongue crib has what looks like a plastic "roller" behind the front teeth instead of the wire framework or spurs.

    It has nothing to do with Tennessee.

    Source(s): Orthodontic assistant with over 35 years of experience.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago


    A tongue crib is a metal device that fits in the top front of your mouth. It is generally used for elementary- or middle-school-aged children who have developed teeth, jaw, muscular, and/or skeletal abnormalities because of alleged thumb and finger sucking; really a condition called tongue thrust

    Tennessee (blue grass state) just happens to have a high incidence of it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.