Eliana asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

My teeth chatter for absolutely no reason ?

Every now and then (within a day) my teeth chatter for 15 seconds a few times in a row, and Its really really bothering me. 

I don't smoke or do drugs. I'm not stressed, I swear to god I'm not, I'm on my vacation and there's very little on my mind. I don't drink alcohol, and I only drink 1 cup of coffee a week. 

I went to two doctors and both of them told me it was just stress. I said I wasn't stressed but they said I think I'm not but I am. This was about a year ago, and the 2nd doctor was in June. 

I'm 19, and on a break from uni, and my teeth still chatter daily. One thing I can say is that I'm supposed to wear optics all the time, but I don't, I only wear them when in uni, or when I'm studying. This obviously means that my head hurts more often than it should, and I noticed that my teeth mostly chatter when my head hurts. That being said, I'm wearing my glasses right now and my teeth are still chattering so I don't think thats it. 

Does anybody know why this happens and how I can get it to stop? 

You're shivering. Perhaps you should wear a sweater on a cold day.