If you own a digital copy of a game on Nintendo Switch, and delete your save data, will the game stay on your console?

I've never had a digital copy of a game on any console, so I don't know how it works in general. To specify, say you want to delete a game file and start over from the start of the game. Will that remove the game itself or just the save data? I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I'd appreciate clarification, as there is a Switch game I want that doesn't have a physical version as of yet.

• I'd guess it would work like the steam platform on pc..twice now i have had a major failure..and also have had newer versions of windows...and on both occasions i have had to wipe my HDD  including deleting   digital  instances of games and steam itself, however once i filled in my username/password on steam client exe  the program automatically redownloaded all the games that were previously on the hdd....of course the saved games, were gone..but i think i know how to stop this now by making backups of those files, and then reimporting them...as long as you can track your username and password. to log into whatever it was that allowed you to purchase and download these titles...the program itself should do the rest...but don't expect save games to remain!

To be honest it would have to work in a similar manner, else there would be huge numbers of user complaints.and the rest..

• Petter

It will only remove the save data. The game itself will still be there. Uusally though there are other slots to save new games in, so you don't really have to delete anything, unless all those slots are filled.