Brittany asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Why is my cat pulling out her fur?

She’s an elderly cat. I don’t know if she is actually pulling her fur out or if she’s just biting herself to the point her fur is falling off. Can someone explain why she could be doing this? 

• Maxi

It is likely the best person to answer the question is someone who is medically trained/qualified and who can examine your cat......and that would be your vet

She needs to see a vet. It could be any number of things. I had an elderly cat pulling fur off her sides and turns out she had bladder cancer. Another cat I had was pulling fur and in his case it was stress and Feliway really helped him. 

Any behavior changes or weird grooming habits warrant a vet visit. This is one of the great things about owning cats: they are like clockwork and stick to the same routine, day in, day out, and anything off, there's something wrong. She needs to see a vet. She could have something wrong with her skin, or something wrong internally.