Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Question 3: Who wrote the Bible?

Moses wrote a lot of the old testament. The apostles wrote a lot of the new testament

King James Version Bible

2 Peter Chapter 1

2. Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

21. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

2 Timothy Chapter 3

16. All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Thessalonians Chapter 1

5. For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

John Chapter 5

43. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that [cometh] from God only?

Just answering to point out that the answer you picked as your favorite is 100% wrong.  If you want actual facts, consult this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_Bi...

It was, I, who did. 

How abt doing yr own research ..

I was written by 40 to 60 different people over a period of about 1800 years. It is man made.  There is no evidence of it being divinely inspired as so many people claim it to be.  It was designed to control large groups of people through fear.  I see it STILL has that desired effect on the weak minded in the 21st century.  Religion is nothing more than an assumed conclusion based on suspect claims from dubious sources supported by logical fallacies nested within circular reasoning bringing you back to the assumed conclusion.  It is dishonest to assert as fact that which is not evidently true. 

G-d did write Torah, Moses hands did it, words of G-d and hands of Moses... In Hebrew...... ....

• Paul

Many people in different times and places wrote the various texts that make up the Bible. However the actual book was compiled by the bishops of the Catholic Church, at the direction of the Pope. In the mid-4'th Century, the Pope directed all the bishops of the Church to meet together, to study the hundreds of early writings the Church had in its possession, to determine which of them could definitely be said to be divinely inspired. They met together in northern Africa, and worked on the project for four years. At that point they had not completed the task, but their home churches had been without their bishops for four years, so they returned home. After another year, the Pope directed them to return to North Africa to complete the job. After another three years, they had identified 73 texts the Holy Spirit had guided them to choose. They bound these into  book for the first time, and called that book "Biblios", which is Greek for "the Book".

Alfred Hitchcock and it started with " Good Evening "

It always brightens my day to see my Evel Cat.

(:

The Bible is based upon various texts by different authors.