What did Jesus do for a living?

73 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Jesus lived to do the will of His Father in Heaven - every day, every hour every moment. "For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me" John 6:38-40. Even by the age of 12 He was succeeding at that - Matthew 2:52. He lived in order to die for sinners, to save them, and succeeded at that by allowing sinful men to crucify Him.

Source(s): Matthew 26:39, 42
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

He was a carpenter.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He was a vagabond:  Luke 9:58 NIV, "Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In the first century he was a carpenter and a prophet and more. 

Some who have claimed that name trim trees and my youngest sibling trimmed trees once. HE IS NOT JESUS and anyone who pretends to be could be lynched metaphorically for disrespecting Jesus and deceiving people.   That is why this scripture says this happened in the first century.  If you deceive people on purpose then you could come under the judgement of Jesus. MT 24: 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.Sadly some have called themself God and the real God of God is going to render punishments to those who hurt the prior powers that way no matter how long it takes.  It will be under control. 

Whether you believe in one God or three of a trinity justice will be rendered so no angles are ever hurt.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Electrical engineer

• Prince
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Jesus was a tekton until the wedding at Cana. In those days you could only become a Rabbi after you were married.

• 1 month ago

As head of household, being the oldest living male, Jesus maintained interest in businesses managed by his brother, James. Jesus was surrounded by wealth: All the Apostles were independently wealthy and retired; under age 35. Simon Peter, who was independently wealthy, owned a fishing craft, equipped with sleeping quarters, that could accommodate a crew of over a dozen. The Zebedee's were ship manufacturers. Matthew retired just over 30 years old and followed Jesus. Jesus also had many rich supporters like Mary, Martha, and Lazarus' family; Mark's family; Joseph of Arimathea's family, etc...

• 1 month ago

He was a τέντων/tékton --- a craftsman, and would have done carpentry, masonry, building.

And, contrary to the response of Malcom, we know Jesus was literate because he taught from Tobit.

@ David K -- "The translation from early writings was that he was a laborer, a term that implied unskilled."  Quite the opposite.  As a tékton, he was skilled with his hands.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 1 month ago

Jesus was a storyteller no more or less

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He was a carpenter.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.