Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 month ago

Why are my parents making me pay for my car insurance and Health insurance when I only make minimum wage and my job gives me no hours?

I’m a 21 year old male in college full time btw and work part time.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

They are preparing you for the real world. Welcome to reality. I guess the free ride has ended!

• 4 weeks ago

You're a big boy now and big boys have responsibilities. It's a tough world and you'll have to adapt to it.

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Please give us your parents' phone number so we can call them and ask them for you.

• car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They forgot how how hard it is to study and work and starve.    Get rid of the car or give me back to them.  Then you don't have to pay for car insurance.    Health insurance you can get cheaper through your school so shop it around. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 28AKO
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I agree w u paying your own car insurance. That's life when u become an adult your parents aren't responsible for taking care of you anymore

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They're trying to give you a sense of responsibility.

• 1 month ago

They are not making you pay for car insurance.  They are merely refusing to pay for it for you.  The person making you pay for it is you -- by having a car.  You don't have to pay for car insurance; you can sell your car, so that no one has to pay for it.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're 21. You are old enough to pay your own way through life. Stop being a whiner and take charge of your life.

• 1 month ago

I guess they are tired of paying for it for you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Teaching you responsibility.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.