Joe asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Should my son be circumcised for on an off infections?

Hes 4 I have two other sons circumcised, I gained full custody year ago and this was his mother's choice, the skin doesn't go back for washing like I read it should, any help much appreciated 

• slice and dice!

consult a doctor.........

• Fred

Talk to a doctor about it and get his thoughts.  If the foreskin does not retract then likely it would be better for it to be removed as it is a breeding ground for infections and penile cancer if it cannot be washed under there every day.  Many women do not understand the benefits of circumcision but the fact is many women prefer the clean look of a circumcised penis as they feel more confident there are no nasties under the foreskin.  It has also been found circumcised men are less likely to get HIV Aids as the foreskin acts a s an incubator keeping the virus alive longer so it can infect the guys bloodstream.

I am circumcised and am glad I was as are many other males, and it does not seem to have any negatives like the anti circumcise lobby seem to think.  I think many women associate it with female circumcision where there is a loss off sexual enjoyment and seem to believe in males it does the same which it does not.

At 4 years old only a small proportion of foreskins can be retracted, whereas by 6 or 7 all should be retractable.

Infections under the foreskin cannot be treated properly until the foreskin is retractable and so are likely to repeat and get worse.  Repeated infections in any case are best treated with circumcision.

Since your two other sons are circumcised, it is best to get this one done too.

See his doctor for proper care. Dont cut, unless it must be done.

Speak with a pediatrician and then you can make an informed decision. If you are circumcised and his brothers also are, that may need to be part of the decision making process. 

contrary to what you hear on this site.......being circumcised is much healthier for everyone

The foreskin should not retract until puberty. 

Trying to retract it could be causing the infections.

Consult a pediatrician 

may as well get it down as your other children are

I was circumcised because mine kept getting infected, it isn't a big deal so if there is some medical issue then yes, get it done, if it's happened more than twice it's going to keep happening. It's only wrong for religious purposes.