Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

In my city, gun shops and sporting goods stores have run out of ammo. Is this a sign of whats to come?

Its like people are preparing for something awful.  

Update:

I just found out this shortage is nation wide. Finding ammo online is just as bad. However, I was able to purchase hollow points locally but for 3x the amount I would have paid for traditional ammo. I just bought 80 rounds for $144.00 ! 

54 Answers

Relevance
  • Fred G
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I think when a lot of BLM antifa folks go into the wrong neighborhood to cause trouble they are going to be kissing those bullets good night... 

• 4 weeks ago

There is no shortage, just a make believe one so they can jack up the prices to profiteer off everyone.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

it proves two things

people are not usually prepared and panic buying  of ammunition is proof

lots of non-gun owners are first time buying... people who really have no idea how to use the weapon properly often this is actions of the panicked moderate extremist who never though t being pacifist would let this happen 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Of course it is.  Patriots are going to defend the republic, whether or not they are a majority. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

I would say it's the BLM and AntiFa ( ProFa ) riots in the liberal and leftist cities, like New York, Portland, and Chicago. People want to protect their homes, businesses, and lives, so they are purchasing firearms and ammunition at never-seen-before levels.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

order online like I do.

• 4 weeks ago

I call BS.  What city?  What's the matter with you that you can't name the city.

• 4 weeks ago

I have more than enough .44mag for my Marlin 1894. That rifle and I became friends in 1983.

• 4 weeks ago

I was talking to a retired city cop the other day. He said none of the local shops can get any ammo delivered. Why?  Because the federal government is buying it all up. I don't believe that explains it 100% but there's probably some truth to it.  The fact is that what folks were doing with toilet paper and hand sanitizer back in March they have been doing with guns and ammo without end - from the pandemic and then the civil unrest that continues. Background checks for purchases and applications for gun permits up are up 300% or more from pre-pandemic levels in some places.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

nothing major, just a temporary slow-down in production.......

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.