Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 1 month ago

Why did they stop the second Wilder fight?

He was completely conscious.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

his brains were 'leaking' from his ear lol

Wilders brains came out.

watch the fight mate ^_^

LMAO

j/k

Wilder was fecking not up to it that day.

and that big talented oaf ,  not the most exciting to watch but certainly the most effective and underrated heavy weight ever,   put Wilder to task.

Widler failed and had no answer.

thats his fault.

if he fights 3rd time,  he better be more than up for it, Wilder.

I'll go Fury win again.  But with Wilders power and if hes able to show he learnd from first fight and developed some sort of power and strength in those legs,   you never know  ^_^

lol

• 1 month ago

Fury knocked down Wilder two times and stopping him with a barrage of shots at the 1:39 of the seventh round to win by TKO. 

• snafu
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

His left ear was busted up.  It was thought his ear drum was ruptured.  Mark Breland was looking after his fighter regardless of what Wilder was claiming. At least he can go forward and have a third fight.  Whereas if he hadn’t had been pulled out of there, he could’ve been permanently damaged.  Breland did his job.

• Jezs, I remember the final exchange between Wilder and his corner:

- Why did you stop the fight??

- Because your ear bones are on the canvass

- What???

- Your ear bones are out!!

- WHAT???

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

He had been hit in the ear. Those small bones in his ear was broken. He had no balance and no chance to win. So his trainer throw in the towel to save him

• Ray
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Wilder was gassed and getting beat on. Someone in the corner threw in the towel. 

• Mier
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

He was getting his *** kicked and his team threw in the towel.

• 1 month ago

Wilder's corner threw in the towel, but if they had not it wouldn't be much longer before the ref would have stopped it anyway, Wilder was getting his *** handed to him.

• 1 month ago

The towel came in from his corner because the assistant coach went over the head of the head trainer thinking that he had seen enough.  He should have been fired immediately, he didn't have the right to make the call as the assistant.  The head trainer and Wilder himself were livid and I understand why, he shouldn't have been pulled out when he was.

When Wilder asked the ref what he was doing stopping it, he pointed to the towel but I'm not sure he knew the towel had come in at that point, he certainly didn't see it for himself as it came in behind him but there was someone from the commission trying to make the ref aware that it had come in but I can't tell if he understood him or not.

One thing for sure is his own corner waved it off, the referee may also be guilty of doing the same independently of what the corner did but I can't be sure. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.