Left-handers: Do you ever find driving hard or awkward since the gear shift is operated by the right hand?

• Jay P

If that's what you learned and are accustomed to, it's not a big deal.

It only becomes a big deal if you learned on a RHD vehicle and then need to make the switch to a LHD ( or vice versa ) vehicle, regardless of whether you are a left or right-handed person.

• F

I’m right handed but in the UK so always use my left hand to change gear. 

If I rent a car in a foreign country, it feels strange to use the “wrong” hand even though it’s my right (and right , keep up!) hand. 

So I normally rent an automatic not that you get a choice in North America.

Er, No. Not at all.  I am not just left handed.  I have driven cars on the right hand side so had to shift with my right hand.  I hardly remember it. No more than 5 seconds to adapt.

I do know there are that are PURE LEFTIES.  I got used to using both hands whether it be hammering in nails, hand sawing, painting.

Writing, I am a lefty. On a blackboard I use my right hand.

I am so confused

No more than you find it awkward to use the signal lights.

It is no problem.

Old cars often had the ignition on the left.  I had a Plymouth with the heating controls on the left.

I am not full lefty - I sort of specialize, right handed - write, use utensils, shoot firearms, bat

use remote control, use hand tools.left handed - Throw, shoot basketball, shoot bow and arrow, use computer mouse.either hand - hammer, paint, Basically left hand strength right hand finer motor skills and I trained myself to use the mouse left handed with buttons set up right handed so the help desk or anyone showing me things on the computer could use the mouse as a righty and I did this so I could write while mousing. I have no problem shifting right handed - but as with all things you can train yourself it is a macro motor skill so should be doable.

No Jack...I like many 'lefties' are ambidextrous.