Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 month ago

Pre existing conditions ?

I just spoke with a global insurance company about getting insurance for when I move abroad. He asked me if I had any gastric intestinal issues, I told him gallstones...now the insurance company won’t pay for anything related to the gallstones. So I decided not to go with that company 

My question is , can another company find out what I told the first company? Can they find out if I don’t tell them I have gallstones? I don’t want to get in trouble for insurance fraud but I also don’t want to have to pay $40,000 out of pocket for emergency gallbladder surgery if I needed it. 

You need to be honest. If you lie about it, it's like bringing an empty backpack for a sky dive. Might feel good on your back until you go to use it and they deny ALL of your claims, since your policy would be fraudulent.

And, going to another company is going to result in the same response.

You are "required" to tell them if they ask, or if a form requires disclosure.  They will find out.  Don't commit insurance fraud by lying or omitting.  They will likely still cover you, for other issues.  They just don't want any lingering or resulting liability.

You need to be honest with the insurance companies.

They will have access to your medical records.  If they learned you lied, they can cancel your coverage and not just for that condition any condition.

Let's say it's discovered you have cancer and the doctors need to know your entire medical history -- you aren't going to leave out that you have a history of kidney stones.

-- boom, the insurance company reads this and guess what = they don't just say "ok no more treatment for kidney stones", they say "he lied, we are cancelling his full coverage."