Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

I applied for a new car loan without a job and drove off in a brand new 2021 Honda CRV... will they find out?

• Yeah. It's gonna be embarrassing having to get a car repossessed in front of your neighbors. 

• Fred

If you claimed on the loan application that you are employed then likely you have committed a crime.  They will find out when you can't make the loan repayments and will repossess the car and then sell it at an auction for a fraction of its real value and send you a bill that you will have to pay for the remainder od the owed money.  Get a job fast and start making the payments.

Only if you Lied I haven't had a job since 2003, Technically, you only  need  Verifiable source of income. Mine is SSI. I did not need to show my award document, though. Took my word for it.

I am surprised, if you lied, they did not call  the "boss".. I hadda give 3 references just to get my 2015 w/80 k on it 

OMG ! You are so clever ! A brand new car without a way to pay for it !  You are either a common troll, an idiot troll, or just an idiot. Your mama should be proud.

This is called a 'Spot Delivery' and dealers do this all the time. Even before you are approved, they let you drive off with the car with an understanding that if they can't get you financed, you will return the vehicle. So you'll most likely end up getting free use of a sweet car for a month.

You mean, "Do lenders actually verify employment?"

Uh, yes... that's a standard practice. 

• J

Car dealers often pre-approve people for financing based on the info they provide because they want to make the sale that day. When the finance company gets the correct information, you will be expected to return the vehicle, and pay for the time and mileage you used. If you don’t, they will repossess it. They could technically have you arrested for bank fraud. You lied on financial forms to get a loan you weren’t eligible for. This will probably cost you a lot of money. I don’t know how much you gave as a down payment, but they will definitely not be returning all of it to you when they take the car back. You did a really stupid thing. 

So you live in the future. Or are you just a sad fantasist? I think the latter.

This sounds like BS, Skippy.

Yes, when you miss your first payment.