Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Does this make me a failure?

I asked my parents. They said a failure is someone

who doesn't even try. I'm very concerned. Ever since  

the 2008 crash, I never could get my act together.    

These are my interests:

Business: I can work at coffee-bean, work in

bookkeeping, or offer online tarot-card readings.   

Mathematics: Even math-tutors in Los Angeles

require a bachelor's degree and offer part-time work.   

Medicine: There's medical-assistants, vet-techs

acupuncturists, herbal-medicine, naturopathy etc.   

Is this a healthy-list of jobs, or careers? Thank You

• April

Most people don't land their dream careers. You step into whatever you need to support yourself. Look up the MIT Living Wage calculator and it says the minimum you need to make based on your needs. If you live frugally, you'll be fine.

If people make excuses, yes they're a failure.

You was born a loser and failure. I hope you live in your mom's basement for the rest of your life with no friends, kids, job, car, money and etc. You are a loser and I hope you keep losing loser.

• n2mama

You are claiming that something that happened 12 years ago is to blame for you not having any skills or a job. Yes, in my book that makes you a failure. And based on your parents definition, I think you’re a failure, because it doesn’t seem that you are trying at all or doing anything at all to move your life forward. Since the 2008 crash you could have gotten a degree at least twice over. If you had started working at the coffee bean you should have been able to work yourself up into a management position by now. But you have decided instead to wallow and blame rather than take ownership and make something of yourself. 

• helene

Yes, it makes you a failure, and a burden, and a torment. And you will never change.

Get the job at "coffee-bean," if they'll have you. You're not qualified for any of the other jobs without a college degree.

Living is suicide.

By existing, you make yourself susceptible to pain, suffering, illness, and death.