Should a fence be built?

Recently, a number of whales have lost their way and accidentally beached on the shores of Tasmania. Many have since died. It seems this beaching has recently become a frequent occurrence.

Do you think the authorities should install a fence under the sea to prevent large fishes from coming close to shore? The fence can still allow small fishes like crap and salmon to swim through the fence but will not allow large fishes like whales and sharks from going to shore. By doing that, it will prevent those large fishes from beaching on the shore. It may also make swimming in the sea near the beach much safer as sharks can no longer enter the fenced portion of the sea.

This fence may even prevent an enemy submarine from coming close to shore and also prevent smugglers using submarines to smuggle into the country.

It can also create something like a lagoon where people can swim freely and safely and have fun.

I hope I wouldn't get ridiculed for what I have written.

• Zirp

Whales are not fish

and maybe they intentionally commit suicide because we humans render the sea uninhabitable.

A fence probably doesn't address the root cause