Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 4 weeks ago

Why do we still wear masks when they are not effective? The virus is still spreading with them?

• Andy C

With 4 answers,  I assumed that you already got the correct one, multiple times. 

I was wrong. 

Novel coronavirus travels on water droplets in exhaled breath, from breathing out, talking,  singing,  etc.

Wearing a mask drastically reduces the number of water droplets.   The finer the mask, the more droplets it blocks. 

The intention is to PREVENT SPREADING the virus.  Only N-95 masks have proven to protect the user.   Our mask don't protect the user; they protect others FROM the user.

Because asymptomatic people (people w/o obvious signs of infection) can spread the virus just as 'well as sick people. 

Being against mask wearing is giving everyone else the middle finger while pissing on their mother's grave.

It's disgusting that so many are so against helping other people instead of just themselves (helping others IS helping yourself because there's going to be a time in your life when it's YOU that needs society's help.)

• 2 hours ago

The virus isn’t real don’t stress. People are crazy 

Actually, the virus is spreading due to the carefree actions of irresponsible people who don't wear masks.

I want to know why some people are exempt and others aren't. I'm bothered by the hypocrisy and inconsistency with the masks. An example is how you have to wear a mask to enter a restaurant, but as soon as you sit down, you can take it off. Can't catch covid when you're sitting down  I guess...

Another example is with athletes. Athletes don't have to wear them and they're definitely not social distancing. In fact, they're in pretty close contact with others.

For the "special" ones that they may understand. 

Keeping in mind that a fair amount of virus spread must be blamed on people who aren't wearing masks at all, it should be clear that the reason we wear masks even they appear to be only 70-80% effective, is that a 70% chance of escaping infection is a lot better than a 0% chance - which is what we'd have if everybody gave up wearing them.

cause we're afraid of people getting mad at us for not wearing them

I don't know ... why do fire fighters spray water on a fire even it's still spreading when they spray water 

Source(s): Cons are morons.

They are effective.