Secure WiFi?

The people I live with have their wifi set so they can see what devices are connected. That's fine, but I heard those kinds of wifi can show the owner what websites and messages you visit/send/receive. I'm just wondering, can they see my snapchat messages and stuff like that? I'm not exactly sure how it works.

The short answer is no, they can't see exactly what you did online.

The router "can be" configured to maintain a log of what IP addresses that a device using it is connecting too.  They could in theory see what websites (snapchat is a website hidden behind an app) you connected to, but they can't see exactly what you did.

• David

All Routers keep logs of connections but not the actual content of the connections. You also need quite a bit of know-how to log into the router and look at the logs. Even then the logs consist mainly of ipaddresses and not actual website names.