Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Why won't my little brother eat anything?

Why doesn't my little brother eat anything? We're Indian but we've been living in California our whole lives, our family eats all types of foods but he only likes chicken nuggets, plain ramen noodles and chips. He's never even tried our traditional Indian food but he says it's "disgusting" because of the color and smell. At this point he's been to the doctor multiple times because of stomach aches. He won't listen to anyone and refuses to eat anything other than his usual menu. I'm really concerned for his health and I want to help him but I just don't know how. I doubt he'll grow out of it. Maybe he has sensory issues or an eating disorder? Please help if you think you know what's wrong with him.

Apparently your family never taught him to eat traditional foods and allowed him to develop a taste for junk.

maybe he should see a doctor and find out why he lost his appetite

Make sure he's not depressed.

Like he says, the foods you want him to eat is disgusting, he may be Indian, but he is a american. He wants american food, go to KFC and by him some chicken. A hot dog, McDonald's. You will see if he eats then.

• Liz

Generally 4 years are picky eaters. Stop catering to him. If he chooses not to eat what is on the menu, don’t make him something else. He will not allow himself to starve. If he does try a new food, praise him. If he gives it a fair chance, and doesn’t like it, then don’t force him to eat more of that particular item. Unfortunately it will be a battle of wills. 

Good night, have you visited Yahoo from other countries?