I am usually sugar-free but  i want to treat myself...?

People say cake is bad cos it is nothing but sugar bread. Chocolates and biscuits might have high cholesterol, yoghurt and milkshake has too much straight up lactose, muffins are ok and on the least harmful side of snacking but ice cream has too many calories. What do you recommend me to have? What type of cakes or chocolates would be ok? Don't say dark chocolate cos i mean a proper treat like milk chocolate.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Lily's chocolates make sugar free chocolate chips.  If you want to make a cake or cookies which are chocolate, there are a lot of recipes online which are low carb/sugar free and almond flour and/or coconut flour based. Cocoa powder is low or 0 carbs, depending.  So treats made from these ingredients are usually low carb.  You can use erythritol, Swerve or Momk Fruit sweetener or Truvia to sweeten.

You can google keto chocolate desserts or keto chocolate cookies, or even keto chocolate cheese cake for great recipes.Not sure why you're worried about cholesterol.  it's sugar and grains and high carb foods which are the culprits causing illnesses like diabetes and heart disease.  

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Have whatever you want. It's a TREAT, it's not something you're going to eat as a staple in your diet. Moderation is key. If you want cake, eat a reasonably sized slice of cake. You can find something negative about any kind of processed food, so no use trying to figure out which is 'worse'. A treat is not enjoyable if you're too worried about the possible effects (and 1 serving of anything isn't going to harm you, unless you have a condition that would react to the ingredients).

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cake is actually fairly healthy, compared to things like pancakes, so I "recommend you" eat a piece (no, not every day) if you would like to.

• 1 month ago

Milk and dairy products cause diabetes 1 and 2. Gluten is bad for health and many people develop allergies. Meat is polluted with antibiotics, steroids and vaccination. So, the list goes to vegan, lactose free and gluten free. If you don't care about health, you can eat what you want. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.