Ray S
Ray S asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

Did you know the Trump Campaign is collaborating with GOP state leaders to pass laws requiring their Electoral College votes go to Trump?

Here's how they can do that:

     The Constitution gives state legislatures the power to determine where their Electoral College votes go. They now go according to the popular vote only because it was set up that way. But, they can completely change that in a day if they have the votes. So, Republican state legislatures can pass a law that makes all their Electoral College votes go specifically to Trump if they want to, regardless of who wins the popular vote ... The only way to beat what Trump and his Republican Party have planned for this election is to massively turn out for a crystal clear blowout for Biden.

     Tune into freespeech.org for the details ... Thom Hartmann and/or Randi Rhodes between Noon and 5:00pm EST. Or, look for them on YouTube.

                                                       Save The Republic

                                                  Vote Blue No Matter Who!

@ Curly & HarryButtsForever

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/23/...

"... A jarring new report from The Atlantic claims that the Trump campaign is discussing potential strategies to circumvent the results of the 2020 election, should Joe Biden defeat Donald Trump, by first alleging the existence of rampant fraud and then ...

... asking legislators in battleground states where the Republicans have a legislative majority to bypass the state’s popular vote and instead to choose electors loyal to the GOP"

"The Election That Could Break America"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/...

@ Archer

Conspiracy theories are products of the right wing, not the Left ... Try reading the two links I've provided in my first two Updates.

@ Archer

And btw, For four years now, Trump has been barely able to get above a 42% approval rating. Why you think it would take a lot of talent to beat him is beyond me. Biden has already broken past 50%.

@ Curly

I'm in one of those battleground states affected by Trump's scheme to steal this election. And, my local TV news just reported on what I'm asking about i this question. They're saying they're looking into it and will be reporting on it.

• Archer

Another "conspiracy" created by those who now realize that they could  not offer any talent, skill or expertise that could even compete let alone challenge Trump in this election when the Dems failed to see or present those within their party that had such which is why Hillary lost in the last election!

One would think if Republican states canceled their elections and instead had their legislatures pick the electors, there would be uproar. But, given the Republicans' undying loyalty to Trump and Trump's embrace of authoritarian tactics, anything remains possible.

And yet, it is only Democrat states that want to force electors to vote against the will of their people, with their plan to force electors to vote for whoever gets the most popular votes.

If Republicans are doing this, which I highly doubt, it is based on the Democrats first legislatively interfering with democracy.