Connecting projector to laptop?

I am trying to connect my new projector to the laptop.

Apparently I have two connection options:

1. VGA out to HDMI in - I use the VGA out the cable there and it goes into the laptop via HDMA plug.

2. HDMI out to HDMI in.

I understand VGA is analog and HDMI is digital. But of these two options will there be any difference on the screen? Keeping VGA to HDMI will save me many efforts and money. Going to HDMI to HDMI requires a lot of changes in the office, etc.

The resolution is 1280x800.

Here is the model: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/MR.JSK...

So which option is recommended in my case?

The point is: Is there a difference of image quality on the screen if I connect VGA to HDMI (with the additional equipment) or should I go with HDMI to HDMI (the cable provided).

• Shadow

VGA out is only used if you have another display device like a second screen and it uses the only VGA connector on your PC. You need to connect the VGA cable from the PC to the VGA in on the projector and then use another cable to connect the screen to the VGA out on the projector. 

HDMI in is for use with PC's that have HDMI ports. The VGA out should still work with the HDMI in when connecting to another display device.

This is NOT a Home Theater issue.

It either belongs on Other Electronics or Computers.

VGA out has lower resolution than HDMI out.