Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

My bf was mad about paying for morning after pill and wanted to leave right after?

We had sex and the condom fell off in me (Lol trust me idk how) So we went to get an emergency pill just to be sure. He was already being weird about it trying to reassure me that nothing happened and that I probably don’t need it. But we wanted to make sure. He didn’t seem keen on paying for it so he was like *sigh* I guess we will split it. And I know a lot of people want equal split costs in relationships but I felt this was the least he could do because I was already crying and knowing that I may have side effects from this pill because I am sensitive to a lot of medication. And like.... it was his dick that came in me.... Then right after I took the pill outside the pharmacy he started looking for subways to leave and go back home and that made me cry even more that he didn’t want to stay and comfort me. When I brought up wanting him to pay for it he got mad and said that’s not fair for a relationship. So I sent him back all the money for him cuz I’d rather pay for it all if he’s gonna be a ***** about it. I don’t want him to pay for everything for me but I think In this case yes. And I’m in a bad place financially because of so many other medical bills. Am I crazy or reasonable?? Please help idk what to tell him.

I once gave a girl money for the morning after pill just because I knew she wasn't on birth control. She doesn't get paid as much as me so it's the nice thing to do. Take his 25 dollars or whatever and never see him again, you deserve better, and if you two went at it that hard he should know he should be treating you better because he won't get that experience again. 

• Trish

Neither of you should take part in it.

Omg he sounds like my ex h. Let that be the last time you had sex with him.. Let him be. 

Sorry but I don't believe you. There's no way a guy will get a pill for you unless you were married or at least living together.

A bit of both. The climax issue shouldn't exist (unless you expect him to be sexually unfulfilled - at which point why have sex). The idea that while he shouldn't pay for everything he has to cover the entire expense of the proverbial possibly hitting the fan is unnerving. Either you're a full partner in a relationship, or your not. Further, the idea that he is not entitled to a full range of emotions and methods to address them belies any claims of true affection you may have for him. That he even griped about getting the pill in the 1st place is equally disconcerting. If you as an individual have a problem, then you as a couple have a problem. If he doesn't want to *help* solve the problem, especially one in which he's 50% responsible for creating, then end the relationship and deal with it on your own. 

It sounds like you need to talk with your doctor about safe birth control if you decide to continue with sexual activity outside of marriage.

You're both responsible for that. It was his thing that was in you but it was YOUR vagina that he put it in so you're both held responsible. You're being inconsiderate about this situation and if you couldn't afford it i don't understand why you're having sex at all because condoms aren't 100 percent they mostly protect from STDs. You need to get on birth control.

You're both responsible, and you should split the cost. The fact that you thought he should pay because you were upset is quite childish. Why were you so upset about an "accident" that is so easily remedied? Was it simply the money? Then get yourself more reliable birth control if you can.

And, lol, the condom fell off. They fall off, and they tear. You should know that. You sound too uninformed and immature to be engaging in intercourse.  

• God

It seems pretty shity of him.  I don't think I'd give him any more nooky.

Honestly I don't blame him for leaving and if he's smart he'll tell you goodbye.  It takes two to produce a screw trophy, at the very least both should pay half.  You also could have done him a favor and told him to stop buying magnum condoms since they seem to be way too damn big.