ugly asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why do  purebred Dogs cost more than 1000 dollars ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Because people think they are getting a better dog. Most of the time they are wrong. My mutts have always out lived my sister's show dogs who are more than a grand to buy. They try to breed dogs that don't have genetic "fault" and they do this by testing them for said issues. But there are some issues that come with a breed that can't be bred out because it's PART of the breed. Spaniels with long ears who ate prone to ear infections constantly that can become so bad it causes hearing loss. It caused by their long ears - you can't breed that out of them. Some breeds have heart issue/organ/bone because of their size, build or skeleton design, if you tried to breed it out of them they wouldn't suit the standard for that breed because it would mean turning down the size or the structure. These breeders have made people think that paying thousands means for sure they'll get a better, healthier dog but not always. Especially if you don't do your research and end up with a flashy byb. End of the day, all breeders are in it for the money not the dogs, otherwise they wouldn't be breeding dogs when thousands die each day in kill shelters all over the world. 

I really don't see the point in paying that much for a pet when you can get a mutt cheaper and they are just as good, if not better. No one is really impressed by flashy dogs to be honest. No one cares what do you have. A dog is a dog, they are amazing animals whether they cost you 10,000 or $60.

• Dave
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I was given 2 brother/sister Shih Tzu's at 4 years of age, from a lady who died, Free.....................now since then they will dime and nickel you to death.

• 1 month ago

Responsible breeders spend money on keeping their dogs healthy and only breed a litter if they have buyers waiting. They don't breed ones with congenital diseases that can cause medical problems for their puppies and guarantee health and lineage.

• 1 month ago

Because it's expensive to breed dogs.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

its like anything else, the demand and supply of it and people want something 'special' ... i have purebred chickens, in contrast to the 'barnyard mutts' your gonna find at the feed store for 2 bucks .. mine are healthier .. i want 5 each ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.