Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 4 weeks ago

is it possible to buy a private island out in the middle of the ocean somewhere in the pacific or atlantic or indian ocean?

As long as you have many millions.  

Sure. Just ask Jeffery Epstein.

Sure.  Find one for sale and buy it.

Supposedly it is, per the "if I won a billion dollars" scenarios I heard from other people when my state had a one billion dollar lottery prize. 

Even if you can- lottery dreamers forget that it can get pretty lonely. With no place to buy food. No internet neither. And if you get sick- really sick- tough luck. Your billion dollars is now useless.

You can't bribe a hurricane to turn around.

Mostly no because they have usually been claimed by powerful countries and then sometimes you can but it wouldn't be hardly worth it because there isn't anything on them and you'd need a fortune because who is going to police it and your utilities, etc. Buy a nice country house or something.