why has yahoo took away the 'best answers' display on users profile pages?

i just noticed this now, it no longer has best answers anywhere on the yahoo answers profile page, no longer displays it?

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

We have no idea. They just make dumb changes to the site and rarely explain why.

I think it's ironic that people ask these types of questions regarding this site & we have absolutely no idea how to answer them.

• Daniel

They didin't completely take it away they just Combined it with the Answers Tab now its Mixed Non Best Answers and Best Answers 

The ones that have the Best Answer on them will have a Trophy Symbol 

If your looking for a way to Sort it by just Best Answers only that;s no longer Possible Unfortunately 

• Sharon

Go to your profile page where your answers are shown: https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions and scroll down to see which ones have been chosen as the favorite answer. You can also see your favorite answers by going to your notifications page and scrolling down the page. Click on the bell at the top right to get there: https://answers.yahoo.com/notifications

• .

Because they chose to. We aren't given explanations for changes, so can't say for sure, but my guess is because there is no real value to coding a page so every user can see all their FAs in one spot (especially since points are really immaterial these days and so many meaningless responses were being selected as "Best Answer" they changed it to "Favorite Answer" (because quite often the answer selected doesn't address the question asked at all, so is valuable to no one). 

Yes. That happened well over 2 months ago. No one is sure why Yahoo/Verizon did this. 

• ?

Until I read your question I did not realise that the best answers display was missing from the profile.  I have checked on my profile and it is not there. Although in my list of answers I can see that answers that have been chosen as the best answer have a gold crown/trophy/something - not sure what, and the words favourite answer against the answer.

So I would imagine this is yet another change to the site that they think will improve it.