Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Should I move out?

My  boyfriend bought a house 6 months ago and asked me to move in. His name is on the deed since he paid and all his credit cards are maxed out for the house etc and he is now heavily in debt. When I moved in I agreed to pay half the mortage and all the utilties, internet and groceries and do all the house work in the house. All the furniture in the house is his.

When we fight he goes into our room and locks himself in and doesnt let me in cos we fight. I end up sleeping on the couch or in the other room.

We had a fight the other day and as usual he locks himself in the room. I made dinner the usual time and didn't bother telling him it was ready because I was locked out. He comes out in 2 hours and is upset that he had to eat cold dinner. I told him if he hadnt locked me out I would tell him. 

Next thing he is pulling off the cushions of the couch I've been sitting on and tells me I shouldn't be sitting on his couch and not touch any of his things.

So I'm just supposed to pay for everything but not be able to even sit and sleep in peace in the house?

I want to know what you guys think. Because I feel like I should have more rights living in this house since I'm paying for every thing ... but he says what I pay for every month is nothing compared to the downpayment and the other credit card debt he has. 

He also has taken a blanket his mom gave me for christmas saying that its his since if it wasnt for him his mom would never gift me that blanket.

Get out get out get out!!! He is being petty and childish! I would not let that fly at all! I suggest you move out ASAP, don’t let someone like that waste your money.

your "boyfriend" hid?

give, you've been sleeping with another girl havent you.

have you thought about what might be the best solution if he is a boy?

you know those sheath things that show the nipples and you dont put any underwear underneath?

skip the shoes, even sandles.

just wear those and concentrate on pleasing and being pleasing to your man.

you know obiendent to all his wishes and desires?

just kneel appropriately when ever hes around and always respond to him with a "yes master". 

he is the big chief there.

otherwise get a lawyer and sue his asss for it cause hes rookin you.

at this point i'd leave, if it were me I would! you answered your own question when you asked "should I move out". life is short. find someone who is going to treat good always, not someone who is only going to treat you good in the beginning, or when they feel like it! 

• car253

You are nothing more than a roommate.  You are a renter.   You pay some bills in exchange for paying rent.   But it is the same thing.   You are paying rent.  

Move out.   If you stay, you should have no relationship with this guy other than a roommate.   No more boyfriend stuff.    You are just friends, if that. 

Taking a gift away that is YOURS, not his, is wrong.    His mom gave the gift to you and NOT to him.      Tell his mom.     I can see this hurts.    Move out or you will have a lifetime of hurt.   

• SW-6

Honey, life is short.  IF you want to waste another minute of your short time on this earth putting up with this garbage, you are a stronger woman than me.  Seems to me if you are paying half the mortgage, you are probably capable of paying rent on your own place where you can be happy and free of this stress.  You said a mouthful in thinking that if you are paying for everything why are you treated so badly?  My mom used to say "A man is going to treat you the way you let him".  You are letting this one know you will take care of his financial trouble and allow him to treat you like crap and you will stay and put up with it.  IS this the way you want to live your life?  Do you not deserve better?  Are there not a gazillion other men out there who will respect the fact that you are helping them live, appreciate you for it and spend almost every minute of every day thanking you for being you and such a giving person?  Knowing this ask yourself why you are putting up with this garbage,wasting your time when there is better for you out there.  I am so harsh because I was married to a monster with some of these same traits and wish I would have left him sooner than waste so much time with his BS.  Save yourself honey. You deserve better.  They NEVER change and their is better for your life out there.  TRUST ME.  Good luck to you :)

Dump him and move out. 

As the deed is in his name, the house is his. It seems like you really picked a jerk. I would just walk out and not look back. He's really taking advantage of you.

• Teal

That depends, how much do you hate yourself? You are literally paying a man for the privilege of being his live in maid/mommy and getting absolutely nothing in return. The bar couldn't possibly be lower and he is still disappointing you. Ask yourself why you are willing to settle for so little.

If you are paying half of the mortgage you are effectively entitled to half of the property less the deposit I would think. Do get some legal advice over this or you could be left well out of pocket. 

It is very childish and disrespectful of him to lock you out of your bedroom; why do you put up with it? He would be really stuck without your money, so you might want to hint that you will move out if he cannot behave like an adult. 

It takes two to argue, and most arguments are relatively petty - and more emotional than logical; you are probably quite sensible and down-to-earth. He doesn't seem to be. 

You are supposed to be partners, are you not, but if he throws his toys out tof the pram every time you disagree with him, I cannot really see it lasting very long.

A lot of men don’t even start to grow up until their mid thirties (I was one!).  Actually Judge Judy said recently their forties!

You might need some couples counselling. 

• Eva

This doesn't bode well for a long term relationship. Neither of you handle your disagreements in a mature manner. You are paying rent, nothing more nothing less.  He hasn't offered you any ownership stake in exchange for your payments, and I wouldn't expect any.  Unless the two of you are open to counseling to learn how to handle your problems in a mature manner, you should look for someplace else to live.