Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 4 weeks ago

Is it dangerous to get printer ink on hands? Is it toxic?

Can it get into bloodstream? Are certain brands toxic and others aren’t or are they all safe . Changing cartridges and printer ink got on fingers  

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You have got this protective layer called SKIN that keeps much out.  Ink is ancient. The Greeks had it and the Egyptians.  So how many dead ancient Egyptians do you know? or Chinese(also ancient) Not that many I am betting.  There are no heavy metals in ink. No need for that so it is cheap sheep schit(say that 3 times fast)

The chemicals they sell for you to use to clean the hands also have to be safe "because Lawsuit stuff"  Just read directions on cleaning product and use as directed.

. You are safe.  That which does not come off immediately wears off as your body sheds dead skin continuously (so that ink is on a layer that will disintegrate over time and much hand washing during that time. 

• 4 weeks ago

no, that's okay, just wash it off with soap and water!

• 4 weeks ago

The printer ink used in consumer printers has low toxicity should it come into contact with skin - if you were to submerge your hand into a vat of the stuff you might get a mild reaction that all.  Remember it's producing something that is going to get handled!

Further on that, some printers that have good media handling capabilities have edible inks available such that they can print directly on specially prepared thin sheets of fondant icing!

• 4 weeks ago

No harm from that stuff unless you eat the ink tank.

The powder in toner cartridges, however......

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It shouldn't harm you unless you have an allergic reaction. However, you are wasting something more valuable than gold. ;)

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It's not toxic, but hard to wash off.

Why are you still using ink jet printers??  Obsolete. Lasers printers are better and getting less expensive.

• 4 weeks ago

no

hope that helps

• 4 weeks ago

People inject ink into their skin for tattoos.  How many people do you know that have died from ink from tattoos?

No, the small amount of ink you might get on your fingers while change an ink cartridge is not going to hurt you.

If you took 20 gallons of the ink, bathed in it for a week, and drank half of it, it might harm you.  But a couple drops on your finger for two minutes until you wash it off will not harm you.

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Just wash your hands. Printer ink is not absorbed through the skin and if it was toxic it would say so. 

• Marty
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I've never had a problem with it getting on my hands, though I can't say that it wouldn't bother someone else. Wash it off and I would bet you'll be fine. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.