USA visa replacement as UK Asylum Seeker?

I need to know if i can apply for a USA visa in the UK as an asylum seeker in the UK. I lost my visa in my home country and need to know if its necessary to go back home to apply for USA Visa since I am already resident in the UK as an asylum seeker. I know that replacement USA visitor visas need to acquired from my home country but as an asylum seeker, i cant enter my home country for the next 5 years.

I hope the UK deports you.

You apparently do not have ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain - permanent legal residency status)? UK does not have to allow you back in if you leave the country. So you have to prove your ties to your country of citizenship compel you to return home timely to qualify for tourist visa. From your info here, it looks like you are not going anywhere, except possibly your own country. Asylum "seekers" have not been granted asylum yet.

In previous posts you claim to have lived and worked in the UK for ten years. So you are hardly in danger here. 

So, you won't get into the USA as an asylum seeker

You can apply for a USA visa at any US Embassy or Consulate. It does not have to be in your home country. 

However, you must show "compelling ties" to the country where you reside in order to get a tourist visa for the USA.  Don't apply for a USA visa unless you are likely to have the application approved. 

If by "I lost my visa in my home country" you mean you were previously issued a visa for the USA and you lost the passport it was in AND you have a history of violation-free travel to the United States AND your asylum status in the UK is confirmed (not pending a decision) then you have a chance of getting a tourist visa for the USA.   

You're supposed to apply for asylum in the nearest safe country to your home country. Since most of Europe is safe, you have apparently already chosen to skip over numerous countries to get to the U.K. Now you want to choose the U.S. instead? You can probably expect your asylum request to be denied in the U.S.

You'll want to wait until your UK asylum case is adjudicated. Perhaps by then the travel restrictions between the UK and US will be relaxed. 

Even without the current tourist travel restrictions between UK and US, you have zero chance of getting a US tourist visa as an asylum seeker.  The US will take one look at your status and see that there is a risk that you will request asylum in the US when you arrive.  Stay where you are and hope your application is granted.

• Maxi

"I know that replacement USA visitor visas need to acquired from my home country " Untrue! You are resident in the UK, that is your 'home country'  you apply for a visa from the UK..however at this moment in time you will not get one as most couuntries are restricting or stopping travel including the US and tourism is unnecessary

• Tavy

Phone the US Embassy in London and ask them.