Is Drinking too much alcohol really that bad? ?

May sound like a stupid question which answers itself but I am 24 years old and I have been drinking alcohol everyday for about 5 years now mostly spirits like rum and vodka and I am completely fine, I have no health issues with my organs, as far as I am aware lol but it does make me think that when I drink a lot in the evening and then drink some more rum the next morning, it makes me think I gotta be damaging myself in some way, but I never do, are there some people that can just drink as much as they want and ultimately be fine, or am I probably gonna die before I'm 30 😂

Drinking too much alcohol can really be bad depending on the person. There are some people that can just drink as much as they want and ultimately be fine. No, you're probably not going to die before you turn thirty because of drinking too much alcohol. 

• John P

Anyone who carries on the same sentence for 7 lines is obviously a little damaged in the brain.

yes it  is  Rob........................

Yes, it is. It can have severe health consequences.

I truly enjoy the taste of almost all alcohol. However, I went down an internet rabbit-hole the other day, and it scared the living crap out of me. Google DT's. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, mortality can approach 40%. Let me set up the Perfect Storm: You go from a drink every now and then to a couple drinks each day. Slowly creeps up to 4 or more each day. One day, you feel like crap and you stop. After a day, your head clears, and you think you're o-k. 72-hours after your last drink, the world comes crashing down and it happens suddenly and with no warning. If you're alone when it happens, you'll be lucky to survive it. Just sayin'...

• kswck2

You are legally an adult. Do what you want, and suffer the consequences. 

It's been my experience and perception that health nuts become so to overcompensate for something else unhealthy. I can personally introduce you to a super vegan who chain smokes, a tri-athlete with terminal cancer, a fitness guru who turns into a fish with some horrible skin condition, etc. The people who tend to live forever and never even need glasses are the people who mine for toxic waste and go home to wash down a whole pizza with a half gallon of cheap vodka.

Ultimately at the end of the day, if we believe every claim out there, everything from water to air is in fact going to kill you. So like Jesus said "eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die."

• polly

Yes.

Even mild hepatacellular damage of your liver can cause complications with energy production & metabolism

Obviously depends on how much. Drinking daily for your whole life isn’t necessarily bad if in low enough amounts. If youre drinking enough To get wasted everyday than yea it’s gonna eventually cause health problems. Especially for your liver