Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 3 weeks ago

How can I get my life saving medications without doing what the crazy doctor is ordering me to do?

She is refusing to prescribe my heart medications unless I go get a blood test first. I don't think it's necessary plus I don't want to go to the hospital for the test since I don't want to get COVID-19.

That is not how it works, you will not get Coronavirus anyways because you would be around any infected patients in the hospital. 

I get my blood tests done at a local lab testing place, not a hospital. They are very careful in there, and it takes a few minutes. Wear a mask. 

• bill

Why the hospital? Every 3 months i go to a testing clinic Dynalife and get blood tested for my 3 medications. Painless and in/out in 15 minutes. They have the usual covid protections.

Too bad. Either get the test or don't take the meds. If your such a wussie, wear 2 masks, a face shield, gloves, wrap your hair in a plastic bag. Then wrap your whole body in bubble wrap. You'll be fine.

The human body's response to medicinal drugs changes as time goes by. They just need to verify that the dosage you take is satisfactory for your condition today. Tell your doctor's office that you understand why they want you to have the test; also explain why you are too scared to have it. Understand that that not having the test may invalidate health insurance for both parties; so her request is far from trivial or unnecessary.

• Tavy

We have answered this before, did you read the answers?

you wont get COVID at the hospital lab that is probably the safest place to be nor do you need to go into the hospital, the labs are for out patients or like Quest-draw sites. I dont know why you think you know more than your doc or are resisting this, but periodic checks of things in the blood while you are on strong meds that can alter these things are prudent. Why the fight? I doubt anyone will just what you demand.

• Kieth

Do what they say, or do without.