Could I fill a airbed with water to get a waterbed?

I always wanted a waterbed. is this safe

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

Yea it will split open and water everywhere.

• 3 weeks ago

one gallon of water weighs about eight pounds. Time that eight pounds by a couple hundred gallons and you will create a HUGE amount of weight. Certainly too much weight for a mattress that is designed for air, which weighs nothing.

Picture a brick shoved into a balloon. Then try to pick it up by the knot.  It will break, just like an air mattress full of water...only you will create water damage on the floor and the ceiling and walls below. Much more expensive than buying a mattress to sleep upon.

• 3 weeks ago

Not only do you have to worry about a failure of containment but where you put the "waterbed" can be a problem. Unless if have it on a concrete slab it is probably going to over load the floor and you will have a big hole in the floor..

We had a idiot neighbor who installed a waterbed in his second story bedroom. 

The bed ended up in the living room below when the floor in the bedroom gave way. 

Lastly a waterbed that does not have interior baffles will slosh around and you will not be able to sleep on it. 

• 3 weeks ago

The only thing you'll get if you fill an air mattress with water is an indoor swimming pool.  It will come apart before it's 50% full.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

if youre not sure i would just get yourself a waterbed

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.