Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

Friends car still smells like new after years?

Everyone wants that new car smell. My friends car 5 or 6 years still smells like new and he didn't buy it new either. Its an 01 model. But my question is. Is how is that possible and is there anyway to achieve it in other cars?

• Fred

I think you can buy a chemical you rub over the upholstery that makes it smell like you just drove it out of the car dealership.

They make "new car smell" carpet deodorizers. Normally sold to car detail shops.

The smell is from freshly made materials, plastics, and adhesives. There are scents you can buy or get your detailer to add that simulate the new car smell. But as far as I'm concerned, aside from the smell of good leather, you should want those odors to fade away because you really shouldn't be breathing that. Keeping your car clean and free of smoke, B.O. and fast food will go a long way toward not smelling bad in the long run.