Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 4 weeks ago

Should Britain get rid of their government-run healthcare and become a first world country again?

Several people don't seem to understand what "first world" and "second world" mean. (ie Dr Bright, anonymous, Jas B., David, capitalgentleman etc.) 

A first world country is a capitalist country

A second world country is a socialist country 

If you have government-run healthcare you are closer to second world than first world. 

Therefore, britain is second world and the US is one of the few first world countries left. 

@anonatard- 

"First world country referred to those Western countries opposed to Communism " 

okay, I get it. So you mean capitalist countries. Go on...

" Second world country referred to Communist..." 

okay. So the socialist countries. i get it. Go on...

"So your entire question starts off with an assumption based on faulty or inaccurate information" 

Wait what? 

You just went off on a tangent there. I agreed on everything until you somehow made a leap I logic you didn't explain.

yeah, i think it's much better to live in a first world country like the U.S. where medicine is a business and Big Pharma is the only tool besides often unnecessary surgeries that salesmen-doctors utilize to "heal' people. I think it's wonderful that mainstream medicine, particularly in the form of the overprescribing of toxic Big Pharma prescription drugs which are advertised directly to people on TV, (which is illegal in every other country but New Zealand)...yeah, I think it's wonderful that the result of these realities is that mainstream medicine in this great 'first world' country we have here is statistically the THIRD leading cause of death here. Thank you for reminding me how superior our capitalistic health care here is to those scummy third world 'socialist' countries where doctors possibly see themselves less as salesman for Big Pharma and maybe try to actually help their patients more than just see dollar signs every time they look at them.

I also think it's wonderful that you are so willing to show us what an uneducated and ignorant individual you are. It's quite refreshing. And as they say, "laughter is the best medicine". I think you've cured me. Much obliged

I never use the NHS. Incompetent Doctors, filthy hospitals. No thanks I want to live the little bit longer.

• Clo

Your question is not in the correct category, having NOTHING to do with monarchy or the peerage--what Royalty deals with.

Your question deals with government.

A first world country should take care of its citizens. Unfettered capitalism fails to do so. Morality compassion, care, intelligence all are parts of a truly first world country. The US is failing due to the greed and ignorance of the unprincipled.

• jimmy

LOL. US healthcare is ranked way below many countries with national health systems.

• The NHS is one of the best healthcare systems in the world. Countries that rely in whole or in part on private healthcare seem to have much lower levels of satisfaction with their healthcare systems. 

Should you get yourself a brain.

god no. Do u know how much it costs at the dr's and specialists and having an operation (which can cost thousands) If you have a million dollars in the bank and can afford cancer treatment then good for you. 

• david

Great Britain IS a first world country.  Many paces in the US are 3rd world or worse because of lack of healthcare.  The US needs a better system so it can become part of the first world.

• Jas B

Every first world country provide their people with a health care system based on need not ability to pay apart from the USA.

No mate we just finally got our rotten British teeth fixed so no one can poke fun anymore. Please don’t bring those awful mashers back.