Why does caffine reduce my ability to focus?

Since quitting caffine to better my lifestyle and then slowly reintroducing it, I've noticed that drinking any caffeine (whether it coffee, energy drink, tea, or even decafe) makes it more difficult to maintain focus than usual, and usually sets off my anxiety. 

Everything I've found online only talks about how caffine improves focus, and that excessive amount can cause anxiety, but nothing on caffine causing lack of focus and instant anxiety. Is it the caffine? Or is it something else? Thanks!

• Tara

The caffeine could stimulate you to an anxiety level that you cannot maintain the correct ability that you need to focus .. in other words it makes you too anxiious - or too nervous - and you cannot concentrate.

• denise

Caffeine is a stimulant.

Caffeine does improve focus for some people but it can cause a lack of focus for others. Caffeine can cause instant anxiety without drinking an excessive amount.

• Darla

It should be getting you hyper, normally. It ruins some concentration. 

• Anton

" ... whether it coffee, energy drink, tea, or even decafe ...

Is it the caffine? Or is it something else? "

-- since the "decafe" does no have enough caffeine to matter,

it is something else.