Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Shortness of breath all of a sudden when exercising?

So i've been going to the gym twice a week for the past 2 1/2 months and have been doing a lot of cardio everytime. For example I'll do 3 mi on elliptical, 5 mi on bike, or 50 flights on stair climber. I'm not very out of shape and have always been an active person. My concern is the last 2 times I've done the stair climber all of a sudden after  15-20 flights I start getting out of breath and feel my HR going faster than before. The first time it happened I just thought it was because I hadn't ate a lot before going but this time I did. Also last time I had to stand on it for 5-10 minutes after I was done to catch my breath and try not to pass out and fall out because my vision got blurry and I was lightheaded that only lasted 30 seconds or less. Does anyone know what could cause this all of a sudden? I'm also a female if that helps anything.

Also I only have problems breathing on the stair climber not on any other machine or activity

maybe you should go see your doctor about it