Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 3 weeks ago

Can you tell me your favourite true crime serial killer non-fiction book?

Looking for some good ones to read.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Any book by Ann Rule 

• 3 weeks ago

Any book by Ann Rule 

• 3 weeks ago

Creepiest true crime EVER is Deranged, by Harold Schecter.  Covers the career and crimes of early 20th century child-killer, Albert Fish.  This guy was the freakiest, most sinister killer ever.  And he looked like a mild-mannered grandpa.  You can't really go wrong with any of Schecter's books about 19th and early 20th century killers.  If you like old-time true crime, he is the man.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

The Fatal Shore because, when I read it, i perceive it as one gigantic co- ordinated crime spree, from hanging ten year old children for stealing bread to eat in London, to chaining the English prisoners in stinking rotten ships for years while rats ate them, to transporting them to Australia where they genocided Aboriginals to steal the land, and then continuing to keep the Englishmen locked up together forcing them out of desperation to resort to homosexual release and then hanging them up to whip and flog them savagely to "show their shapes". To me, read synoptically and considered critically, this was all part of one huge, long continuous crime. So huge that most people miss it. Like it's too big for them to see. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Chasing the Devil - Sheriff David Reichert

• It's hard to beat Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Those Donald Trump books that you see in bookstores and the secondhand ones

• 3 weeks ago

I'll Be Gone in the Dark is excellent.

• 3 weeks ago

Mindhunter by John Douglas.

The development of profiling. 

• geezer
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

KILLING FOR COMPANY .. by Brian Masters.

It's about the serial killer Denis Nilsen.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.