Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailPassword and Sign In · 3 weeks ago

Does Yahoo ever make old ID names available again?

So I had a very old account that I haven't logged into and the account is closed, how long does yahoo lock that closed account's ID till it is released for registration again?

Each email address has to be unique. Even if the email account have an inactive for years that email address with that email provider is very likely unavailable permanently.

@Sharon

I am not 100% sure if that is accurate as there was another account that I haven't had access too which was gi******@Yahoo and that was back in 2018.... I just tried to register that same old email again and tested to see if it was active by sending a test email from this account to that GI******@yahoo and it did the Mailer-Daemon error unable to send this means the account is not active but the ID is still not released yet.Is Yahoo permanently locking old ID name accounts indefinitely???

• Sharon

It will be deleted after 12 months of inactivity if you haven't used it in that time. Then it will be free for someone else to make a new account with that ID.