Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Healthy snacks under 100 calories?

Like veggies, pretzels, humus, peanut butter combos, any suggestions will greatly help me thank y

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

A handful of nuts with cheese, peanut butter and apple slices, pop corn, things like that. Veggies are good, of course, but they aren't as filling as pairing up something with protein or whole grains. 

• 3 weeks ago

Handful of nuts with cheese and apples with peanut butter? No where near under 100 calories. A serving of nuts has about 170 calories. A serving of peanut butter has 190. An apple with peanut butter will have about 240 calories. 

Vegetables and most fruits are you best bet.

• 3 weeks ago

Raw veggies are the best option. They have lots of nutrients, very few calories per cup, and a good amount of fiber. Try whatever you think you'll like that you don't have to dip into dressing or something else: Celery, zucchini, cucumber, cauliflower, bell peppers, etc.

Fruit is high in sugar/calories and lower in nutrients, but a piece of raw fruit (apple, pear, orange, etc.) can be an option.

Anything with nuts and or added fat (like hummus) is going to be pretty high in calories, so a 100-calorie serving is going to be pretty small.  There are great benefits to eating raw nuts like walnuts, hard cheese, olives, or avocado, but you're looking at 1/3 of a cup, not much. Same with nut butters. A single flat tablespoon is 100 calories.

Any type of grain-based carb (bread, cracker, pretzel, popcorn, etc.) is probably going to end up making you more hungry and there really is no nutritional benefit to these foods.  Any food that has more than about 5 grams of carbohydrates per serving is going to increase your insulin, which will turn off fat burning and increase hunger.  

Another truth is that snacking isn't necessary or helpful.  A lot of people bought into the idea that you need to eat every 2 hours and to eat low-fat/high carb foods.  What this does is keep blood insulin high -- stoping fat burins and increasing hunger -- while not providing your body and brain with essential nutrients.  You might be better off weaning yourself from snacking. Focus on getting adequate calories and nutrients in your meals. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

My doctor sez snack on pickles - reach for the gherkins !!!  If you go sour, they are full of salt - - - if you go sweet, sugar.  However I find I don't eat too many at a time . . . . and they are high-fiber and fulfill the need to masticate.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Carrie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

A couple medium carrots, or a large apple.    

• Rick
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

GRAPES !!!!   ......................................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.