Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Are people just giving thumbs up to their own answers?

I notice oftentimes when I ask a question, somebody will answer it and then within a second they'll already have a thumbs up.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Marty
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I would expect some do. Some of us really don't care about such things though. I come here to kill time and maybe help someone, I have no desire for thumbs up, best answer or any points.

• 1 month ago

I do sometimes and always have, but only if I consider my answer is worthy of it. In the days of community voting one was allowed to vote for ones own answer if we believed it was the best answer. After community voting was ended they continued the tradition by allowing us to give our self a TU. I must say  if I didnt give myself a TU no-one else would  !  LOL

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some people are its not Possible to know which ones are doing it Yahoo does not tell people who specifically has Pressed It

• 1 month ago

Its not worth worrying about the person answering the question can give themselves a 100 thumbs up if they could but it still would not ensure them of the Best Answer.

It is up to the person who asked the question to decide which answer they consider the best.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Some people do it, yes. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.