Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwarePrinters · 4 weeks ago

Why is troubleshooting for printing always the worst?

Gives me an error status, for one, so I try to cancel it, and it won't cancel!! So now all future print jobs are stuck in limbo!

Why is  troubleshooting for printers always the absolute worst and how has it not gotten any better after all these years??

I take it you haven't bothered to fix the error, that's why the code won't go away.

Printers are simple, any idiot can dot it.  Well, most idiots . . . 

• keerok

It only gets worse if you fail to understand the problem. Most printers provide an error code as a clue. If you still can't follow that, at least you should be able to figure out the paper path and clear it from stuck bits and pieces of paper and lint.

Many users reported that printer queue won’t clear on their PC. This can be a big problem and prevent you from printing other documents. However, you can fix that issue with these solutions.

All printers have a print queue that queues documents for printing. However, that queue can sometimes get jammed, or stuck, which can halt printing altogether. When this happens, some might try manually deleting documents from the print queue; but find that the Cancel option doesn’t work. Then rebooting Windows might not even do the trick. These are a few ways to fix a print queue that isn’t clearing in Windows 10.

Reas more......

Every printer I've owned has self-corrected, emptying its buffer, canceling all print orders, and deleting its error, when I turn it off, wait a minute, and turn it on again.

It also helps to make sure you update the drivers for the printer--the programs that tell it how to operate when it receives a print order.

You aren't alone.. I hate printers. Whenever I go to use them it's a lottery as to whether or not it will work.

Instead of buying ink now, I just buy a new printer instead.